Join Josh Zweig for an in-depth discussion in this video Issuing credit notes and accepting deposits, part of FreshBooks Essential Training.
- Now that we've covered the invoicing functions…let's take a look at how to accept customer deposits…and issue credit notes.…As an example, let's say a customer gives us a 100 bucks…for a job to start next month.…We want to record the credit in our system…to apply it against a future invoice.…On the other hand, say we issued an invoice already…but want to extend some money off…we can always issue a credit note.…So the process is going to be the same…for deposits and credits…and that way we'll just continue to use the term credit.…Click on Invoices on the main menu bar…then on the Credit subtab.…
To create a new credit note…click on the New Credit button on the right hand corner.…From the drop-down menu next to Client…choose a client for whom the credit is for.…Again, when we set up our clients…in one of the earlier movies…you can always add a new client…by clicking on the New Client option…there in the drop-down menu.…In the right hand corner,…you can enter a number for the credit note.…If this is your first credit note,…
Visit FreshBooks.com to sign up for a free 30-day trial and use your new account to follow along with Josh.
- Signing up for FreshBooks
- Accepting credit cards
- Adding customers and contractors to FreshBooks
- Logging time to projects and tasks
- Creating estimates and invoices
- Tracking receivables
- Tracking expenses
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Freshbooks
2. Setting Up Shop
3. Adding People
4. Time Tracking
5. Estimates and Invoicing
6. Expense Tracking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.