Join Josh Zweig for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating an invoice from a project or estimate, part of FreshBooks Essential Training.
- View Offline
- If you send a client an estimate…or have some unbilled time or expenses to a project,…you may want to generate an invoice…directly from the estimate or project screens.…To generate an invoice from Estimate,…begin by navigating to the estimate…you want to bill out by clicking…on the Estimates tab in the main menu bar,…then the Estimates subtab.…Click on the check box next to the invoice…that you'd like to convert,…then on the convert to invoice button…from the command bar.…You'll then be taken to this pop-up here…which will give you the option…to click on a one time invoice or recurring invoice.…
As we'll be dealing with recurring invoices later on,…let's select the one time invoice button.…We're then taken to the invoices screen,…where FreshBooks has populated…the invoice fields with all the…information from our estimate.…You can edit any of the fields in invoice…just like we went over in one of the previous movies.…If you're happy with the invoice,…you can send it off by clicking…on the Send by Email option,…reviewing the email options,…
Visit FreshBooks.com to sign up for a free 30-day trial and use your new account to follow along with Josh.
- Signing up for FreshBooks
- Accepting credit cards
- Adding customers and contractors to FreshBooks
- Logging time to projects and tasks
- Creating estimates and invoices
- Tracking receivables
- Tracking expenses
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Freshbooks
2. Setting Up Shop
3. Adding People
4. Time Tracking
5. Estimates and Invoicing
6. Expense Tracking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.