Join Josh Zweig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and editing items, part of FreshBooks Essential Training.
- If you bill a fixed fee for certain services,…or have a few products that you sell…to your customers or clients,…you can set them up as items in the system,…and add it to your invoices and estimates.…Let's begin to set up an item.…To set one up, click on Invoices…on the main menu bar,…and then the Items sub-tab.…You can also get to the Items screen,…and it will be the exact same process…if you click on Estimates in the main menu bar,…then the Items sub-tab.…To start setting up a new item,…click on the New item button…on the right-hand side of the screen.…
Under Item Name, enter a description for your item.…Since we're a flower design business,…we've got a few flowers that we sell…so we'll enter box of roses here.…Next, you can enter a description for that item.…Note that if you have a freelance business,…you might want to enter…a particular service as an item.…For example, if you have a fixed fee…for initial consultation,…you can enter that here as well.…Under unit cost, enter the price of that item…that you'd like to charge…
Visit FreshBooks.com to sign up for a free 30-day trial and use your new account to follow along with Josh.
- Signing up for FreshBooks
- Accepting credit cards
- Adding customers and contractors to FreshBooks
- Logging time to projects and tasks
- Creating estimates and invoices
- Tracking receivables
- Tracking expenses
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Freshbooks
2. Setting Up Shop
3. Adding People
4. Time Tracking
5. Estimates and Invoicing
6. Expense Tracking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.