Learn the import feature inside framer, and how to properly import assets from Photoshop or Sketch. We'll also go over some great practice when preparing your assets for the import.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll show you…how to import assets built in Sketch and Photoshop.…First we'll make sure our assets are organized properly…then use the import feature to bring our assets into Framer.…Finally, I'll show you how to add a state to your layers…so you can use Framers built in tools.…Let's get started.…So if you still have a project open from previous videos…you can close it by clicking on the left…or opening a brand new project…and that's what we'll do.…Once you have the welcome screen opened…you can click on the plus sign here…and open a brand new project.…
So again, for this project…we won't need to keep it afterwards.…So you can use any devices you want.…I'm going to use the watch.…So now let me warn you about something.…It's very important when you import assets into Framer…to have first the application open…and second, to have the names of the files…properly organized and named.…So let's go into our first application.…So I have Sketch and Photoshop open.…
I'm going to start with Sketch.…
- Importing designs from Sketch and Photoshop
- Inserting and styling screens
- Adding animation with auto-code
- Working with general syntax
- Programming with variables and objects
- Using functions and code snippets
- Creating assets
- Making interactions
- Animating screens
- Adding a scrolling component
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/28/2017. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers recent changes to the interface.
Sketch: Mobile Design Workflowswith Diane Cronenwett1h 30m Intermediate
1. A Refresher on Great UX
2. The Framer UI
The menu9m 25s
3. The Non-Coding Framer Tools
4. Programming Basics and Usage with Framer
5. Finalizing Your Screen Assets
6. Add Interactions to Your Prototype
7. Add animations to Your Prototype
8. Final Touches
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.