In this video, Emmanuel Henri explores the visual inspirations for the project by going through a board on Pinterest.
- [Instructor] Any UX project must start from somewhere. And some research and inspiration is usually the place I start. Again, the idea of this course is to bring you through the steps of defining and creating the visuals for your UI. I'm assuming at this stage, you've identified your business objectives, your personas, scenarios, and use cases are defined. If any of this is completely strange to you, take the appropriate UX courses in our library. So for us, we'll assume we're building a chat experience for a prototype called Polls that I have built into some of my other courses. So let's get some inspiration by researching Pinterest for colors and potential ideas for design. Again, feel free to completely use different colors and designs for your own project. So for me, what I did is built a board for that purpose exactly. So when you want to do some research, what I usually do is go to Pinterest and then start doing some searches around, for example, if I'm looking for chat UI designs, I'll do something like that. And then scroll through the ideas here and simply create a board based on the application that I want to build, and save it like so. So once I have all this done, so let's go back to my own boards, I have a full chat UI board with some ideas that I've put together. So if we're looking at these ideas, well I really like the structure of that application here, so I'm going to follow some of that. Then I really like the way they are deleting conversations here by swiping and then hitting X, or refreshing the conversation. I like the fact that we have a left and right conversation flow here. So I'm going to follow some of that, and then I like the colors here, but again, this has got to follow the same colors that we had in our original design. So we're going to follow that blue and the blue gradient to that blue here. We're going to have a lot of pink in that application for the icons and closing our applications. So this is where my inspiration comes from, and from the board that I put together here, I have a few ideas that I can leverage to get something going. Again, the idea here isn't to find ideas that you will replicate exactly in the same way. We want to find inspiration for shapes, flows, and ideas that inspire you to build something new, and ultimately, find the right colors for a project. So now that we've defined our inspiration board, let's move on.
- Getting visual inspiration for a project
- Designing the main chat list
- Creating a splash screen
- Designing the conversation screen
- Prototyping with InVision
- Setting up Craft in Photoshop
- Adding quick hotspots into a prototype