Uploading media from the Premiere Pro environment to Frame.io is one of the most exciting and dynamic features within the Frame.io extension. In this video, Ashley shows how to upload individual system files; entire bins of source clips; the active sequence; as well as the Premiere Pro project file. Each upload option contain several extra settings and options—such as converting marker text to comments and syncing playheads—which are explored in detail in this video.
- [Voiceover] In the previous movie, we got familiar…with the Frame.io extension within Premiere Pro,…going over many familiar features and a few new ones.…In this movie we are gonna talk all about…one of the new features which is uploading media…from your system and from the Premiere Pro project…to Frame.io.…All right, so I am in the Frame.io extension,…and I am at the project level right now,…and I have this Upload button.…By click on it, you can see that I have several options…which I want to go over now.…First you have Upload Files, now this allows you to…upload a file from somewhere on your system…outside of the Premiere Pro environment.…
So it simply opens up a browser, and you can navigate…to the file that you wanna upload.…So this is basically just a quick way to get material…into frame.io from Premiere Pro, but it doesn't actually…have a connection to the Premiere Pro project achitecture.…So I'll just go into exercise files…and upload one of my Premiere Pro media files…so I can show you this.…And we'll get some Broll and I'll just upload…
Staff author Ashley Kennedy begins by exploring the benefits of smart media collaboration—focusing on how Frame.io can redefine various cloud-based workflows and communications. She then delves into the main features of the standalone web application: setting up teams and collaborators, sharing projects and files, commenting and annotating projects, and understanding versioning and permissions. She also looks at the integration of Frame.io within two major nonlinear editing applications: Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X.
- What's special about Frame.io?
- Starting a Frame.io project
- Commenting, annotating, and collaborating
- Sharing projects
- Exploring versioning capabilities
- Using the Frame.io extension for Premiere Pro
- Looking at the Frame.io companion app for Final Cut Pro X