In this video, Ashley explores the Premiere Pro Frame.io extension. She bridges the previous chapter’s exploration of the Frame.io standalone web to the features within Premiere Pro—demonstrating many similarities and differences at the project-level and the player-level. New features like importing files, opening the project in the browser, and elegant real-time commenting are the highlights of this exploration.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Now that we know…all the useful ways to collaborate,…in Frame.io's web application,…it's time to take a look at how it integrates…within major editing platforms.…And in this chapter we're gonna talk…about the integration with Premiere Pro.…The Frame.io Premier plugin is free…and available on Frame.io's website…at https://frame.io/premiere.…You just download it,…and then make sure that Premiere Pro…is in open, and go ahead and install it.…So I've already installed the extension,…and I'm going to launch the Premiere Pro project…so I'll go into Exercise Files, Premiere Pro Materials,…and then Grayehound project…and then I'm just gonna double-click on Greyhounds.…
Now you wanna make sure that you've…watched the Using the Exercise Files movie…of this course, where I go through all the steps…of re-linking your media to make sure your project…is all ready to go.…I've of course already done that…so we're all set up.…When I'm in Premiere,…as long as I've installed the extension,…I just go up to Window, Extensions, and Frame.io.…
Staff author Ashley Kennedy begins by exploring the benefits of smart media collaboration—focusing on how Frame.io can redefine various cloud-based workflows and communications. She then delves into the main features of the standalone web application: setting up teams and collaborators, sharing projects and files, commenting and annotating projects, and understanding versioning and permissions. She also looks at the integration of Frame.io within two major nonlinear editing applications: Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X.
- What's special about Frame.io?
- Starting a Frame.io project
- Commenting, annotating, and collaborating
- Sharing projects
- Exploring versioning capabilities
- Using the Frame.io extension for Premiere Pro
- Looking at the Frame.io companion app for Final Cut Pro X