Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Style buttons, part of Learning Foundation 6.
- [Instructor] Buttons are useful…to just about any page on the web.…It's a way of drawing attention…to an important call to action.…Think about how many webpages you've seen…where a feature has a very large button for example.…Foundation has several combinations of classes…used to style their buttons.…As always, these are the defaults that come with Foundation…and the styling associated with them can be overridden…using SaaS or with standard CSS techniques.…I'm going to style two links on this webpage.…
One of those links I'm going to style is this one here,…the subscribe to my newsletter link.…I'm going to turn that into a button.…And I'm also going to style this link down here,…see more baking tips.…You can see how that link is getting totally lost…underneath the titles of the baking tips themselves.…So, by changing these into buttons,…we're going to make these a little bit more prominent…and a little bit more click worthy.…So, if you hop on in to your index.html,…the same file we've been working with,…and if you scroll on down here to line number 37,…
- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. Overview of Foundation 6
2. The XY Grid System
3. CSS Overview
4. Navigation Systems
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.