Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Responsive top bar, part of Learning Foundation 6.
- [Instructor] So, with the top bar addition here,…we have a very nice looking navigation bar for our website,…but as I pointed out in the previous video,…it is not responsive…so that's going to be the next thing to add…to this particular recipe.…If you take a look at the Foundation documentation,…it walks you through the whole process of doing this.…One of the things you need to add…is this little snippet of code.…You can get this little snippet…in your exercise files folder for this video.…Go on ahead and open up the code snippet…and copy what's here…and we'll go ahead and paste this into our HTML.…
The proper placement for this is just before top bar…but after the header so we're going to put that around line 18…and then we'll take a look at that…in a little bit more detail so what is this?…So, it's a div.…It has a class of title-bar…which has to do with its styling.…And you'll notice that it has here a data-responsive-toggle.…Anything that you ever see in HTML…that starts with data hyphen and is valid HTML5…
- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
Workflow Tools for Web Developerswith Christina Truong1h 13m Intermediate
1. Overview of Foundation 6
2. The XY Grid System
3. CSS Overview
4. Navigation Systems
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.