- [Instructor] By default, Foundation's grid system…will expand to fit the full browser…window from edge to edge, as you can see here.…All the way to the top,…all the way to the left and right sides,…all the way to the bottom.…That's really great on a phone,…but on big screens, this can get to be a little bit big.…Gets to be hard to read, and maybe…you don't really want your grid system…smashing into the edges of the page.…You can add a grid container around…your entire grid system if you don't want this behavior.…
But it's completely optional,…so if you like this behavior, you can keep it.…If you want to have a container around this…to keep the grid off the edges of the page,…that's very easy to add.…And that's what I'm going to do next.…So if you come back to Sublime Text, here,…and we're going to continue to work here in grid.html.…Right before we start all of this grid stuff,…which is basically just after the body tag,…I'm going to add here another div,…and in this div, I'm going to give it a class,…and there's two options here.…
- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
Workflow Tools for Web Developerswith Christina Truong1h 13m Intermediate
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. Overview of Foundation 6
2. The XY Grid System
3. CSS Overview
4. Navigation Systems
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.