- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
- [Jen] You are a more experienced front end web designer or web developer. You know that a responsive design framework can save you a lot of time in your day to day work, but you sure hate overriding a zillion billion styles, like all those styles that come with Bootstrap. If you put yourself in this category, then Foundation may be the right responsive design framework for you. Hi, I'm Jen Kramer, and I am a lecturer at Harvard University Extension School, where I teach five classes a year in website design and web development, and this is Learning Foundation 6.
In this particular course, we will be looking at a number of elements inside of Foundation. We'll start with a big overview of the grid system and look at all kinds of fabulous things that a flexbox-based grid system can do for you. Then we're going to move on to CSS styling, what kind of styling is built into Foundation, how can you override it, and how can you bend it to your will. Then we're going to move on to navigation. Foundation has a bunch of patterns for navigation, like drop-downs and drill-downs and responsive navigation bars.