- [Instructor] The first thing I want to take a look at…in Foundation is the grid system.…But there isn't just one grid system…that comes with Foundation, there are three grid systems…that come with Foundation.…So it's worth taking a look at what these are and then…I'm going to go into the XY Grid in a lot of detail.…So the XY Grid is the default grid system…that comes with Foundation.…It uses Flexbox as its base for laying out…the webpages instead of using floats.…So the big impact of that, is that the…Internet Explorer support has to start with IE10, not IE9.…
Now it seems like a lot of people are moving towards IE11…as a base for their web development these days,…and that there are fewer and fewer people…using these older versions of IE.…But, every project is individual,…every project is different, and it depends on your…target audience and what technologies they are using…as to the appropriate browser support for that project.…So you're going to need to take a look at that…very carefully in this grid selection.…
- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
Workflow Tools for Web Developerswith Christina Truong1h 13m Intermediate
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. Overview of Foundation 6
2. The XY Grid System
3. CSS Overview
4. Navigation Systems
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.