Join Jen Kramer for an in-depth discussion in this video Dropdown menus, part of Learning Foundation 6.
- [Instructor] So far this navigation bar has just…a single level of navigation.…You could combine this single level of navigation…with one of the other navigation types…to make a different form of a secondary navigation.…You could have a drop down for secondary navigation,…or you could have a separate stand alone list…that might appear maybe in the left column…of this page or the right column of the page.…There's a whole bunch of patterns…for dealing with navigation.…So I'd like to show you how to incorporate…a drop down into this menu.…If you go ahead and take a look…at your index.html…and in your exercise files folder,…you'll find a little code snippet…that I've given you here,…just a simple unordered list with a class of menu.…
If you go on ahead and copy that,…and then scroll on down to line 29.…This is the portfolio link.…Remember that anytime you want to nest your lists…that UL must go inside of an LI.…You can't just simply paste your nested list right here,…that's not valid html,…and it will not function correctly in Foundation.…
- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. Overview of Foundation 6
2. The XY Grid System
3. CSS Overview
4. Navigation Systems
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.