- [Instructor] The block grid is slightly different…than the XY grid.…In this case, let's say we have a stack of images like this…that are coming from a server.…We don't know how many images we're going to have,…but we need to lay them out neatly on the web page.…That could also of course work…with a number of cards of content,…with a header and an image,…and maybe a little blurb of text and a Read More link.…Maybe a series of those, or other types of containers…that we need to lay out in a nice grid on the page.…But again, we don't know how many of them there will be,…or how many columns and rows we might need to have.…
What the block grid will do…is place a series of these items,…in this case, images, into rows and grids,…and the number of items in each row…can change with the size of the screen.…So this document is blockgrid.html.…It's inside of your exercise files…for this particular video.…Go ahead and copy that into your working folder.…You're also going to need to copy over…an images folder that I've put there.…
- Working with the XY Grid system
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Block versus vertical grids
- Overriding CSS
- Including cards and callouts
- Customizing the navigation, including dropdown and drilldown menus
Skill Level Beginner
Workflow Tools for Web Developerswith Christina Truong1h 13m Intermediate
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. Overview of Foundation 6
2. The XY Grid System
3. CSS Overview
4. Navigation Systems
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.