Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Up and Running with FotoMagico.
- To help bring the lessons to life, I've put together a collection of exercise files. These are some of my personal photos that you can use to build a slideshow. I've also downloaded some music from the Creative Commons that we are allowed to use by giving attribution, and put together a few other elements, like background textures, a logo watermark, and a couple of graphics to drop in, as well as a few video files. Now, you can, of course, decide to just use your own content during the lesson, so don't feel that you have to use my materials, but if you do, it might be easier to follow along.
If you haven't done so already, be sure to start that download to get the material to your computer so you have everything that you need. If not, gather up some of your own assets, about 50 to 100 photos, several different things like music tracks, or maybe a graphic or a logo for your company, and this will give you what you need to build that slideshow out. Now, I do ask that when you're all done with this, please do not post these photos to the internet, or post your slideshows. These are my personal images that I'm going to share with you, but I request that you respect my copyright, and when you're all done with the course, just discard these assets.
If you'd like to learn more about these particular photos, I'm going to be sharing with you images from Costa Rica. You'll find a comprehensive course available here on lynda.com, where I show the things we did while exploring this country, as well as the techniques we did in post-production to develop the files and get the finished look. This is an opportunity for you to dig deeper into the making of the photographs, but today, we're going to focus on great ways to share them, and really put together a good looking slideshow.
- Installing FotoMagico
- Setting up a new slideshow
- Building an initial slideshow
- Adding watermarks
- Enhancing a slideshow with text, music, and narration
- Playing a slideshow
- Publishing a slideshow to YouTube, iOS, or a standalone player