- [Instructor] Flutter is an open-source, mobile development framework created by Google. You write your app in the Dart programming language which gets compiled to run on both Android and iOS. Creating mobile apps with Flutter gets you the best of both worlds. You only need to write your app once instead of maintaining two code bases: one for Android, one for iOS. Unlike other cross-platform solutions, which uses a bridge to connect your code with the underlying platform, Flutter code get compiled directly into machine code eliminating the performers bottleneck from the bridge.
Flutter gives you native performance and native look and feel with a single code base, which means that you get to build apps quickly, and they run quickly as well. Next, we will take a look at Firebase.
- What are Flutter and Firebase?
- Creating your first Flutter app
- Adding Firebase to Flutter
- Creating a Firebase project
- Adding Firebase dependencies to Android
- Storing data in Cloud Firestore