As a user interacts with your app, they expect different screens to load. In this video, see how to create a series of template screens set up and ready to fill out with content.
- [Instructor] All right, so now that … we've cloned the starting project, … it's a good time to take a look through the screens, … and in order to be able to view all the screens, … we're first going to set up some routes. … So inside our main dot, dot, we're going to add … a route property to our material app, … and I'm going to leave this as a challenge to you. … I want you to try and remember or research … or Google how we can use name routes in our Flutter app … to be able to do the following. … Can you create a map of four named routes? … One route should go to the WelcomeScreen, … one to the LoginScreen, one to the RegistrationScreen, … and one to the ChatScreen. … Then set the initial route to go to the WelcomeScreen … and run your app. … Verify that you see the welcome screen, … and after that, set the initial route … to go to the login screen and run your app. … This time, you should see the login screen show up instead. … So once you're ready, pause the video … and try to complete this challenge. …
This course was created by London App Brewery. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Refactoring routes
- Customizing Flutter animations
- Setting up a Firebase project
- Authenticating users with FirebaseAuth
- Streaming data from Firestore