- What are Flutter and Firebase?
- Creating your first Flutter app
- Adding Firebase to Flutter
- Creating a Firebase project
- Adding Firebase dependencies to Android
- Storing data in Cloud Firestore
Skill Level Beginner
- [Chiu-Ki] Developing a mobile app is tedious because you need to develop on two platforms, Android and iOS. In addition, a backend is necessary to support them. Flutter lets you write your app in one codebase and compile to both Android and iOS. Then, instead of maintaining your own server, Firebase provides the backend functionalities you need. I got interested in the Flutter-Firebase combination because I wanted to make an app to provide election information, but as one person it was difficult to build both an Android and iOS app and also a backend server.
Using Flutter with Firebase, I was able to create the app in one month outside of my full-time job. I was excited to create an app with Flutter and Firebase, but found the setup quite tricky. I created this course to walk you through these steps. As a reference, you will find the final project in the exercise files in this course. One quick warning, you will need to configure the app with your Firebase project. Don't worry, though. I will walk you through this.
Hi, I'm Chiu-Ki Chan, an Android developer, and I want to help you write apps faster. So let's do it.