In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces Flutter's main benefits and provides an overview of what Flutter is.
- [Lecturer] Flutter is an SDK that allows you to build mobile apps for both IOS and Android. Leveraging widgets available inside a library and using dark code. As you can see, and it you're like me, and develop most of your application using VS code, there is a nice integration with this editor which allows us developers to leverage the hot reload and see our changes in real time while we develop our app. Once you're set up properly, developing in Flutter is a pleasure, and leveraging its beautiful widgets allow for very fast prototyping.
And if the setup scares you, we'll take you step by step of a max setup for developing with both IOS and Android. And since a lot of the native IOS and Android SDKs are supported, you can develop a lot with Flutter without touching your code in Xcode or Android Studio. Flutter converts your code into native code for both platforms, therefore you don't need to work in those platforms if you don't want to.
- Programming with Dart
- Setting up the Flutter SDK
- Setting up app simulators
- Using Flutter for iOS
- Using Flutter for Android
- Using widgets and material components
- Adding interactivity, routing, and navigation
- Reading and writing with Dart IO
- Creating HTTP requests