Firebase requires several platform-specific setup steps. In this video, learn how to prepare your iOS project for use with Firebase.
- [Narrator] In this lesson we're going to do … the final piece of setup to use Firebase … and that's adding the Firebase packages to our project. … After all, the reason Firebase is easy to use … is because we're going to be using … their classes and their code as a starting point. … I'll be showing you how to do this … for both Android and IOS in this lesson. … The latter part of this lesson … is going to include some IOS specific instructions … so just skip the last part of this lesson … if you're developing on Windows. … Now once we've added … our IOS and Android apps to Firebase, … then it's time to actually incorporate … the Flutter packages that will allow us … to work with Firebase using Dart. … As I mentioned before … there's a whole bunch of Firebase services … that we could be using, … but in our case we're only using two of these … which is Authentication and Cloud Firestore. … So if you click on these links … then it will take you to the relevant Flutter package … on the Dartlang pub page …
This course was created by London App Brewery. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Refactoring routes
- Customizing Flutter animations
- Setting up a Firebase project
- Authenticating users with FirebaseAuth
- Streaming data from Firestore