A chat app needs to be able to retrieve messages from the server. In this video, see how to set up your app to connect to Firebase.
- [Instructor] In the last lesson was the first time … that we actually came across this thing called a stream, … and you can see the effects of using it … where we were getting our method being called again … every time we got a new piece of data … that went into our messages collection, … and I mentioned that this is now … effectively like we are subscribed to this collection, … and whenever there's new data going in there, … we're getting notified in our app. … So what exactly are these dart streams that we're using? … Well, let's start off with an analogy, … and knowing me it's going to be a food analogy. … Now let's imagine that you're in a Japanese restaurant … and you decide that you really fancy having some sushi. … Now of course it takes time … for the chef to prepare your food. … Have to cut up the fish and make the rice balls, et cetera. … So you're going to have to wait a little bit. … Now there's two ways of waiting on this, right? … One is you that could say, well here are all the things …
This course was created by London App Brewery. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Refactoring routes
- Customizing Flutter animations
- Setting up a Firebase project
- Authenticating users with FirebaseAuth
- Streaming data from Firestore