Additional styling is necessary to create a positive user experience. In this video, continue to style your chat app.
- [Instructor] The very last thing that we need to do … is to head over to our Firebase dashboard … and under the Database tab, remember that when we first … set up our Cloud Firestore we set some rules … that pretty much allowed anybody … to read and write into our database. … Now as Firebase warns you, it says that your security rules … are pretty lax basically and if you click on Learn more … it actually takes you to the Documentation page … on how to define Cloud Firestore Security Rules. … And you can look through this documentation to see … what kind of level of security … you want for your documentation. … So for example, you could have a database where nobody can … read and write under any condition. … Well, that's not going to be very useful for us … and at the moment what we have is pretty much allowing … anybody to write and read to our database, … which is a bit too insecure. … So, what we're going to choose is make sure that only … authorized users, so users who are logged in and registered, …
This course was created by London App Brewery. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Refactoring routes
- Customizing Flutter animations
- Setting up a Firebase project
- Authenticating users with FirebaseAuth
- Streaming data from Firestore