One of the key elements of a chat app is dedicated user logins. In this video, see how to implement username and password functionality in your chat app.
- [Instructor] In the last lesson, … we used Firebase Authentication … to register our very first user. … So, now that our user's been registered, … they've been allowed to go over to the Chat screen. … But, what if I wanted to be able to log in at a later date? … Well, currently our login screen doesn't do anything yet, … so let's go ahead and fix that. … And I'd like to pose that to you as a challenge. … Can you use Firebase Auth to log in an existing user? … You'll need to capture the email … and password from the text field, … similar to how we did things on the registration screen. … And then, you'll need to use Firebase Auth … to sign in an existing user with their email and password. … And therein lies the challenge. … You'll have to figure out … which method to use to sign a user in. … Now, I'll give you a few seconds to pause the video … and channel your inner Sherlock Holmes … before I show you the solution. … Ready? Here's the solution. … Go ahead and open the loginscreen.dart …
This course was created by London App Brewery. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Refactoring routes
- Customizing Flutter animations
- Setting up a Firebase project
- Authenticating users with FirebaseAuth
- Streaming data from Firestore