The approval workflows created in this chapter will store data in a SharePoint list. This video describes the custom list needed to support the flows.
- [Instructor] Whenever we create an approval, … we typically need some place to launch the approval from … and then to record the outcome of that approval, … was it approved or rejected. … SharePoint list are a great place to do this. … You could also create approval flows out of Microsoft Excel … stored in the Cloud for example in SharePointer One Drive, … entitles in Microsoft Dynamics, … any one of a number of different storage options … but we're going to continue to use SharePoint … and create an approval flow list. … But if you want to work with me, … I'd encourage you to try it first in SharePoint. … Here is the information that we will need … in the list that we create in SharePoint. … First, the built-in columns … that SharePoint automatically gives us. … Please don't delete them. … We will want a title, that's a single line of text, … modified and created which are both date/time columns … and modified by and created by … which are person or group columns. … We're not changing anything about these, …
- Creating an approval flow in SharePoint
- Responding to an approval request
- Responding to approvals from your mobile device
- Sharing flows with your team
- Adding actions to an approval flow
- Formatting approval emails with Markdown