In this video, Phil Gold builds a flow to create a notification of an important email. Learn how to set up flows that will give you a push notification when you receive emails from your manager or other important people.
- [Instructor] So here's another handy flow scenario. You may already have notifications turned on so that you get pinged when you get an email, but how about a notification whenever your manager sends you one? This could actually enable you to turn universal notifications off. As is typical, setting this flow up is a snap. Now there's a template that more or less does all your work for you. Look for a get push notifications when you receive an email from your boss template, and once you've found it, just click it, click create and you're done. There is a big caveat here, though. This presupposes that your company has complete and accurate user information in the directory. The flow is going to look at your user properties and see who's listed as your primary, as your manager. I've worked places where it sometimes took quite a while for directory information to get updated, or it just wasn't accurate, which meant that this flow would be of extremely limited use. However, there is a different flow we can use instead. If we scroll down a little bit, we'll find get a push notification when you receive an email from a VIP customer. Let's go ahead and do this, because with this flow, you can specify the sender's email addresses. This means that in addition to using it for your boss' email, you can set up additional flows for whomever you think is important enough to warrant a notification. So, I'm going to go ahead and I will create this one for Jessica, 'cause I have her email already, and I will save that. Now, I'm going to go back to my flows, and we've already saved it, so that will be okay, and I'm going to do a save as, so that I can save this in this specific name. Get a push notification when I get an email from Jessica. I'll save that. And then I'm going to do another save as. And I'll say that this one is from Steven, and I'll save that. Now I'll turn this one off, I'll turn Steven on, and I'll turn Jessica on, and then I still need to go in and edit this one. Steven, I need to change the email from Jessica to Steven on this one, and save that, and now I have two separate email notifications, two custom push notifications, ready and waiting.
- Automating personal workflows
- Setting up custom flows
- Storing attachments from emails
- Saving important emails
- Receiving email notifications
- Saving content to OneNote
- Creating tasks and events in Outlook