In a sequential approval workflow, each step occurs in sequence. This video demonstrates getting the requester's manager's email address from Active Directory.
- [Instructor] We could create this particular flow … by using the template that we used previously, … which is to run an approval flow … when a new item is added to this list right here. … But we can also create this flow … from a blank if we wish. … That would work, as well. … Either is a good place to start, … but I'm going to start an approval … when a new item is added, right here. … And note this particular flow … is using SharePoint Approvals and Office 365 Outlook. … For me, the biggest reason to use this particular template … rather than starting from scratch … is that it will have the information … from my SharePoint list because I began … from my SharePoint list. … Whereas, if I start here in Flow … with my flows and a blank template … I'll need to provide my list information. … But either method will work. … I'm already logged in to Office 365 … to SharePoint and to Approvals. … I'm going to click continue … and we will be pitched into the editor … so we can begin creating our sequential flow. …
- Creating an approval flow in SharePoint
- Responding to an approval request
- Responding to approvals from your mobile device
- Sharing flows with your team
- Adding actions to an approval flow
- Formatting approval emails with Markdown