In a parallel approval workflow, more than one independent approval is needed. In this video you can learn how to modify the approval workflow, adding a parallel branch for the second approver.
- [Instructor] Our current workflow … actually runs start to finish … without any issues at all. … We grab a manager. … We start an approval … and then based on that approval, … we immediately provide information back … about whether it was approved … or whether it was rejected … and we update the item … that is in SharePoint. … If we want to create a parallel flow … it begins to get a little bit more complex … but I want to walk you through how you will do that … and how you want to think about this. … First, if we need not only to have the manager approve … but we also need to have the finance department approve, … then we can add that really in one of two places. … We could add the second approval starting right here … or we could add it starting here. … We can either get the manager first … and then have the two approvals next to each other … or we could have getting the manager … be part of the manager's approval. … I'm going to add it here for parallelism … because this second approval …
- Creating an approval flow in SharePoint
- Responding to an approval request
- Responding to approvals from your mobile device
- Sharing flows with your team
- Adding actions to an approval flow
- Formatting approval emails with Markdown