Microsoft Flow is integrated in lists and libraries in SharePoint for Office 365. In this video the user can create and run a new approval flow from a document library in SharePoint.
- [Instructor] There are other flows built into SharePoint, and some of them are approval flows. For example, with no documents selected, I am simply going to choose flow, create a flow. And there's a template that says, "request manager approval for a selected file." Now, there are other templates. You can click show more and you'll have lots of choices. But watch for the word approval, because those are approval flows. I'm going to request manager approval for a particular file. And the description is, "This flow "will send an approval request "to your manager for the selected file. "Your manager can view and approve "the request in the approval center. "To run this flow, select a file "and choose this flow from the menu." So we are creating this flow at the library level, so that it can be used with any document. Let's create this flow. Here we go. It says, "That's it! "The flow has been saved to your My flows list." I can edit the description on it, here are my connections SharePoint, Office 365 users, there's a clue here that there are more and I can click there to see them. But what I want to do is I want to run this flow and to run my flow, I'll need to return back here to SharePoint. I'm going to click refresh to refresh this library. And the reason I'm doing that is I want to refresh my list of flows, whether I click here and choose flow or click at the top and choose flow. Here is request manager approval for a selected file. I'm going to click to run that flow that we just created, using a template. The run flow pane is loading, checking all my permissions, making sure it's good. Click continue. Remember that when I ran request sign-off, I was prompted to choose who I was sending this to. But Microsoft flow will check active directory to see who my manager is. That's how easy it is for us to create a new flow that is available for use here in SharePoint.
- Creating an approval flow in SharePoint
- Responding to an approval request
- Responding to approvals from your mobile device
- Sharing flows with your team
- Adding actions to an approval flow
- Formatting approval emails with Markdown