In a parallel approval workflow, more than one independent approval is needed. In this video you can learn how to modify the approval workflow to move email notifications to a separate step.
- [Instructor] Our original work flow was based … on the start approval when a new item is added template … and in that template, we are notifying the person … who created the item as soon as we're getting a response. … So, the manager says yes I approve … and we are informing the item creator … of the manager's approval and we are updating the item. … If it's rejected, we're letting them know that as well. … Now, with our parallelism, we may not want … to provide these approvals at a step-by-step basis. … In other words, we might not want to say … at this point, your manager has approved it, … at this point finances approved it. … What we might prefer to do is to all of that notification … at the end and I want to show you then … how to do that and why. … This button here, this plus button, … is actually part of our first work flow. … So it's part of start an approval, … which is the manager's approval. … If I add an item here, I'm actually inserting a step … in the manager's approval branch. …
- Creating an approval flow in SharePoint
- Responding to an approval request
- Responding to approvals from your mobile device
- Sharing flows with your team
- Adding actions to an approval flow
- Formatting approval emails with Markdown