Set up event time processing and watermarks in Flink for a data stream. Learn about how state management works with the context in Flink.
- [Instructor] In this video, … I will demonstrate how to set up event timestamps … and watermarks for flink processing. … The code for this example is available in the … event time operations class under chapter four. … First, while setting up the execution environment, … we use the set stream time characteristic method … to tell flink to use event time. … The default is processing time, … which we have used in all our previous examples. … We are also setting parallelism to one … to make flink to use only one task lot. … This is to enable easy explanation of the results … and would never be used in real life situations. … Reading of the CSV file stream, … is the same as what we have seen in the previous examples. … Now we get to setting up the watermarks. … To do this we need to call the same time stamps … and watermarks function. … This can have two options. … Periodic watermarks, where the watermark … occurs every x seconds or … punctuated watermarks, … which we can use for any custom logic to control watermarks. …
- Streaming with Apache Flink
- Using the DataStream API for basic stream processing
- Working with process functions
- Windowing and joins
- Setting up event-time processing
- State management in Flink
Skill Level Advanced
1. Apache Flink
2. DataStream API
4. Event Time Processing
5. State Management
6. Use Case Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.