Flickr provides both the opportunity to store your images and to have them be seen by a large audience. In terms of storage, each user receives 1 TB of free space. Additionally, there are many organizational and editing tool available. Images can be tagged with keywords so that other Flickr users can find and view them. Learn more about these advantages in this video.
- [Voiceover] So with all the choices that are out there…and there are quite a few for online storage…and sharing your pictures,…why choose Flickr?…Well, let's go over some of the reasons…that I think are important and then…you can see how they match up with your needs.…At the top of the list, we have to go with online storage.…One terabyte of space, right.…One terabyte of space that is so much space…that you have waiting for you.…So that takes the whole storage equation…right out of the picture so to speak, right.…
One terabyte, you're probably not going to run out of space.…Strong organizational tools and I think organizational tools…are very important part of Flickr.…They have evolved over time.…Right now we're looking at my Albums.…I have a number of albums here…and you can put collections of images together…in an album.…You can share this album, you can set permissions,…you can do all sorts of good stuff.…So not only do you have all these pictures online,…you can actually do something with them…other than just having this one big, long photo stream.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.