Flickr can provide lots of inspiration for photographers at all levels. With thousands of images being uploaded daily, staff curators have much to work with. One of the many ways in which you can see the work of others is via The Weekly Flickr that's located under Explore in the top nav bar. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] If you haven't spent any time…with the Weekly Flickr video series,…you need to treat yourself to come over here…and watch some of these things.…They are fantastic.…You find them under Explore,…The Weekly Filckr right here.…And these are so well done,…I can't believe that more people…aren't talking about it.…A lot of people watch these things,…and what they are, they're videos…that talk about different types of photographers…doing their work, what they're thinking,…what they want to do,…you know all that kind of stuff.…
The videos aren't very long…and there are many of them.…There are so many of them…and they are inspirational.…I have to tell you, if you really feel that…you've just hit a wall with your creativity,…and that you've really run out of new things…to photograph, come over here,…come to The Weekly Flickr.…Put on your headphones, get yourself…a nice, cold drink, put your feet up…and watch some of these.…I guarantee you after a few hours…that you'll be ready to put on your shoes,…grab your camera bag, and go out and do something.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.