There is a complete set of online editing tools included in the Flickr platform. So even if your picture isn't perfect when it's uploaded, you still have a chance to fine tune it with a number of different effects and adjustments. In this video, I demonstrate how to use warmth and saturation. Afterward, you can either save over the original image, or put the corrected version alongside it.
- [Voiceover] Let's continue working on this image,…we did a little brightness in the previous movie.…And let's address color now.…So we'll go back to our editor,…and we have warmth and saturation right here.…Let's take a look at warmth.…And see if cooling this off feels a little bit better.…Don't wanna cool it off too much, right?…Just a little bit.…What do I mean by cooling it off?…I mean going towards the blue end of the spectrum.…And warming it up goes towards the yellow end,…the yellow/orange.…
So just a little bit there, I think.…We'll apply that.…And then, let's see what happens…when we desaturate it a bit.…That's very interesting, huh?…We'll apply that.…Let's go back and see.…That's what we started with,…and there we go, cooling it off a bit.…And there we are desaturating it.…I think that's a little too far.…I don't think I want to go quite that far.…So we'll go back to right here.…
And let's save.…And this time, let's take a different option.…We'll save a new copy.…Let's see how that looks in our photostream.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.