Your Photostream is the public facing side of Flickr. There are options for setting it up to your personal tastes. Plus you have different ways to sort the images and to view them, including slideshow mode, which provides a timed sequence experience for viewing pictures. Learn more about slideshow mode in this video.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Let's say I just uploaded some shots…to my photostream, and a friend comes over…and I wanna show him the photos.…But I wanna tell a little backstory…while I'm showing the photos.…This is a perfect scenario for the slideshow function.…That's right here.…I'm just gonna click on it.…It'll go ahead and load the images…and then it will just play them for me.…So now I can tell you a little bit about the shots…and not have to worry about working the keyboard.…So for example, this was a rainy day,…but we went out to take portraits…and the sun burst through for a little while…and we got some nice shots.…
Then the darndest thing,…when we got back to our place,…it clouded up again and started raining.…In just that little bit of time…were we able to take some portraits.…You know, stuff like that.…When I'm done, I can just click the X…to exit out of the slideshow.…Or I can use the arrow keys to move…forwards and backwards.…And you see there's a little progress circle here.…That could be internet connection.…That's probably my guess, because remember,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.