For many Flickr photographers, the Photostream is their homebase. And for good reason. There are many different functions that you can do while in this environment. You have many options available for each image. For example, you can view the EXIF data for that image. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] One of the things I really like…about digital cameras…is that not only do they capture the picture…as we're looking at right here,…they capture all sorts of data with it.…So when we look at a shot…and we're going wow, how did he do that?…How did he get that effect?…I mean she is nice and sharp here,…but the background is soft and has that lovely bokeh.…I wonder what camera he used,…I wonder what lens he used?…Well, Flickr allows us to take a look at that…and unless the owner has turned off Show Exif data,…which you can do in the settings,…I don't recommend it though…'cause I think it's part of the learning experience.…
So unless you're testing…some secret camera or something (laughs),…and you don't want it to get out, leave it on.…Leave it on, let others see how you captured the shot.…So we're looking at this portrait and going,…oh I see, well, here's a clue,…he used a 300 millimeter lens.…It's an f4 lens and he shot at f4, so he shot wide open.…So when you use a long lens for a portrait…and you shoot wide open,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.