Flickr has a strong social and community aspect to it. You can connect with other photographers on many different levels. The platform is also designed so that work can also be made available to the community at large. Among these opportunities, you can automate the posting of your Instagram shots to your Flickr Photostream. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] So folks have expressed interest to me…about connecting their Instagram account with Flickr.…And this isn't one of the easier connections.…There's nothing in Flickr that's built-in…to connect to Instagram.…And of course Instagram doesn't like photos coming in…from anywhere but Instagram itself.…But there is one third-party outfit here,…and I love these guys, by the way,…IFTTT, If This Then That.…And they have all sorts of scripts that you can enable.…
You have to sign up and become a part of it.…But I use it for Twitter and Facebook and Instagram,…and I think it works really well.…I think it's really cool.…And so they have one here,…actually they have a number of scripts…that connect Instagram and Flickr.…The direction, though, will be going…from Instagram to Flickr, not the other way around.…And so for instance, if you like an image on Instagram,…that can go to your Flickr photostream.…
Or if you just publish any shot at all on Instagram,…it goes to Flickr.…So there's some of that.…So if you're interested in them,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.