Once you get comfortable using the basic functions in the Flickr environment, you might be ready to take advantage of some of the advanced techniques. Even though they are powerful, these enhancements are easy to use. For example, have your tried to upload and display a video in Flickr? Learn more about these by watching this video.
- [Voiceover] We don't talk about it as much…but Flickr can handle videos also…and I thought, "Well let's upload one…"and see what they look like."…We have up to three minutes of video length…and one gigabyte file size limit…so let's add one right now.…I've created one just for us right now…so I'm going to go ahead…and just use the regular upload tool…and I'll Choose photos and videos…and we'll go to a memory card that I have…loaded in to the computer.…
There's our movie right there…and I'll click on Open.…Only 84 megabytes so we're fine that way…and it's uploading right now.…There's the little upload circle there.…That shows us what's going on.…Now while it's doing that,…I can add some metadata.…Just give you a little foreshadowing of what…we'll be doing here.…Okay so while the video is wrapping up uploading,…obviously it's much bigger than the still photographs…so it takes a bit longer.…
That's a great time to add some of your metadata.…The title, a little description if you want to add some tags…all that good stuff.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.