There are many choices within your Flickr account regarding how your personal information is handled. There are different tabs in account settings to that let you control the license of your images, if location information is included, if camera data is displayed, and a variety of other choices. By carefully choosing among these options, you can create the best online experience for you and your work. Learn more about these managing your personal information in this video.
- [Voiceover] Privacy and permissions.…Boy, we got a boatload of things to look at here.…I'll try to move through them somewhat quickly.…I wanna give you everything you need to know,…but we can spend some time here, I'll tell you.…Let's start at the very top.…Who can download your images, including originals?…They recommend anyone…and I think that's not a bad idea either.…That's where I have my own personal account set.…Allowing people to download the images that I put on Flickr.…The way that I control that is that I'll only put sizes up…that I'm comfortable with people having.…
However, if you're not comfortable with that…you can make that change right here.…And you see the options.…Largest shared image size.…And best display is what I also recommend.…However, you can limit that if you wish.…If you don't want the largest size shared…to be any larger than 10, 24,…that's 1024 pixels on the longest side,…you can make that change right here.…But generally speaking best display size…is a good way to go.…
Allow others to share your stuff.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.