Once you get comfortable using the basic functions in the Flickr environment, you might be ready to take advantage of some of the advanced techniques. Even though they are powerful, these enhancements are easy to use. For example, using keyboard shortcuts can improve your efficiency. Learn more about these by watching this video.
- [Voiceover] Flicker has some terrific keyboard shortcuts,…and what I like about them is…that they're just single key shortcuts, no modifiers,…you just press the key and it does what you wanted to do.…And the other part that I like about him…is that they list them for you…at the bottom of the interface.…So here we are, we've been doing this now for a bit,…and I don't know if you've noticed these,…but they're right down here at the bottom.…So if you're looking at someone else's photo…you can mark as a favorite by hitting F,…you can comment,…search, you have navigation,…zoom,…you can add to an album,…you can add tag, add a person.…
Let me just show you a couple of them right now,…I'll how you zoom and add a tag…just so you can get a feel for them.…So, we'll go up here to the top,…and I'm just just gonna hit the Z key,…zoom in, and hit the Z key again.…Now, we hit the T key to add a tag,…and it takes us right to tags inputs,…the cursor, the flashing cursor, there in the text field.…They are right down here at the bottom,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.