There is a complete set of online editing tools included in the Flickr platform. So even if your picture isn't perfect when it's uploaded, you still have a chance to fine tune it with a number of different effects and adjustments. In this video, I demonstrate how to use sharpness and focus. Afterward, you can either save over the original image, or put the corrected version alongside it.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at sharpening and focus.…Two very different tools, but somehow oddly related.…(laughing)…So we'll go to edit right here, excellent.…And we'll start with sharpening…and usually when I work with sharpening…I like to zoom in a bit,…so I'm going to click on our zoom tool…and just bring it in…and I can re-position, like this.…I just clicked and dragged to do that.…Then we'll go to sharpness here…so I can make it sharper by going to the right…or less sharp by going to the left.…
I like tools that start in the middle…they give me that option.…We'll make it a little sharper right here…and then we'll click apply.…So focus is both focus and defocus all at the same time.…Let's say that I want to talk about…the speed dial here,…so I bring that in focus and then notice…how everything else goes out of focus.…Isn't that cool?…It's kind of neat.…It'd be great for tech articles…and things where you're explaining stuff.…
Now we'll go back, and go back again…so that's where we started.…Here's sharpen, and then there's focus.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.