- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Flickr may be the seasoned veteran when it comes to online photo sharing and management. But Yahoo has added many new features over recent months to increase its appeal for photographers of all levels. Hi, I'm Derrick Story, professional photographer, writer and publisher of The Digital Story. And welcome to this course on Flickr for the desktop. Over the next few hours I'll show you the features that you need to know to be productive with this app. Some of the topics I cover include leveraging the new camera roll and one terabyte of free online storage.
Automatically backing up your images so you never lose a shot. Exploring different methods for adding pictures to your Flickr account. Setting up your account and permissions to best suit your needs and comfort level. Learning how to add pictures to albums and groups. Exploring the Flickr universe for inspiration and creative ideas. And editing your images with Flickr's robust image editor. Flickr runs beautiful on practically every type of computer and mobile device.
So your images are accessible as long as you have an internet connection. So please join me for our exploration of Flickr on the desktop. And see for yourself how flexible and fun photography can be.
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.