When you set up your Flickr account, you must decide it it's going to be a free or Pro version. If you decide that free is best for you, you can upgrade to Pro at a later date. If you choose Pro, you will be asked to provide your credit card information to pay for the service. Flickr can by automatically renewed on an annual basis. Learn more about this process in this video.
- Well here we are with our free account.…And I want to upgrade us to a Flickr Pro account.…And I want to show you something…that you should do before you do an upgrade.…When it's time for you to do that.…And what I'm going to suggest…is that you go to the Flickr blog.…First, before you upgrade.…To see what's going on, to see if there are any specials.…And sometimes, there are.…So, you get to the Flickr blog by going to "Explorer".…And then we go down here to Flickr blog.…
And sure enough, there is a special running right now.…Where you can upgrade for 30% off.…Now basically, the reason why this happened here…is because they moved the uploader…from being part of the free account to the Pro account.…They anticipated a little brouhaha around that.…(man chuckling)…And they were right.…There was, and so what they decided to do to soften the blow…is to go ahead and offer a discount…for a limited period of time.…
Now I'm not saying there will be a discount there for you.…But it always worth checking…before you go ahead and upgrade.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.