Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up the Flickr Uploadr application (Pro only), part of Flickr: Sharing Photos.
- [Voiceover] With a Flickr Pro account,…you have have access to flickr uploadr,…which is a standalone app for both Mac and Windows.…We're looking at the Mac version right now.…The Windows version operates essentially the same.…So you download the app, you open it up,…and you're greeted with something like this,…which is essentially a sign in screen.…So, you connect your account to flickr uploadr…by signing in, and then after you do that,…it will greet you with a couple more screens,…and basically what it's trying to do…is make it easy for you to move content…from your Mac or Windows computer…to your Flickr account.…
So for example here, if I just wanted to move…everything from pictures, from my desktop,…from the downloads folder, from the documents folder,…I would just check these boxes.…The thinking being of course…that you have one terabyte of storage, why not?…Now generally speaking, my personal philosophy is…well, I don't necessarily want to do that,…I want to have a little bit more control…over what goes into my Flickr Library…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.