Flickr can provide lots of inspiration for photographers at all levels. With thousands of images being uploaded daily, staff curators have much to work with. One of the many ways in which you can see the work of others is via Recent Photos that's located under Explore in the top nav bar. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] One of the aspects of Flickr…that I find really appealing…is how it can inspire me, how looking at the work…of others can help push my creativity,…help increase my motivation.…And a lot of that activity happens under Explore,…which is right up here at the top.…And you see that we have different categories under…Explore, we're gonna take a look at these…over the next few movies.…And we'll start with Recent Photos, which is…my number one place I go to…when I wanna see what's going on…in the Flickr universe.…
So we'll just click on it right now,…go right here, to Recent Photos.…And here we are, and this is stuff that Flickr has curated,…these are images that have been published recently…and that the editors and Flickr algorithms…have chosen to feature.…And if you get an image here, in Flickr Explore,…it's a real honor.…And one of the ways that you'll know,…if you're looking at your own photostream,…if you go to it and you see 99+,…that means all sorts of people have liked it,…which means that it's probably in Flickr Explore.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.