Once you get comfortable using the basic functions in the Flickr environment, you might be ready to take advantage of some of the advanced techniques. For example, what are the pros and cons of watermarking your images? Is that the only way to protect them? And how about using watermarks for branding? Learn more about this by watching this video.
- [Voiceover] Watermarking.…Yes, no, I don't know, (laughing)…It's a topic that in all honesty…used to come up a lot more a few years ago,…in the earlier days of Flickr when people were…concerned about other people stealing their images.…I think now I don't hear as many questions…about watermarking, but there are some pros…and cons, and I thought, well, okay, it's worth…covering in this title…because it's still relevant.…Now here are the pros for watermarking…in my opinion.…
Not so much to protect your image from…being stolen, but as a branding tool.…I think if you're running a business, and you…have a nice logo, and you wanna brand your images,…I think a watermark is a good way to go.…Just don't make it too big,…don't run it across the middle of the photo here,…but yet have it on there so people know "Wow,…that's his or her photography business, and…that's pretty cool".…In that sense, I think watermarking is useful.…
And then if you wanna share photos, like I do,…I want other people to view them and share them,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.