You can influence the look of your Flickr homepage by adding a custom icon and banner image. When choosing the icon, look for an image that looks good in a small circle. As for the banner, this is a panorama format that is very wide and not very tall. You can use any image with enough resolution, and crop to fit the banner proportions. Learn more about setting up the homepage in this video.
- [Voiceover] Now we get to start having some fun.…I want to personalize our home page here.…Not that I don't love these lovely flowers…and this cute little camera icon here,…but I want my own stuff there.…So let's start with the icon itself, and see,…when I mouse over it I get the pencil,…which means I can edit it.…You can also get to this in Settings,…so we're gonna browse.…We don't have anything in our photo stream yet.…We will, we will, we'll get there.…We can open that up, that's a picture…that I've decided I want to use for our icon,…and we're gonna position it just a little bit here,…to something like, what do you think?…Something like that?…Just something right how I like.…
I like that.…I'm gonna just, oh you know,…I'm such a photographer, aren't I?…Okay, there we go.…Gonna save that.…It's working on it, see there it is, it's working.…Now, when that change happens,…we'll see it both here and up here,…and now let's do something here too.…So I'm gonna go ahead and go to that pencil,…and I want to upload, so we're gonna browse,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.