Your homepage on Flickr includes a wide banner image that spans the width of the display. You can set any image you want, and change them as often as desired. You also have quick access to your account information, navigation tools, number of followers, the number of people you're following, and your Photostream. Learn more about the homepage in this video.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a tour of the homepage here,…just so we can get our bearings…and know where the basic things are.…We'll start in the upper right corner.…And this is the account.…And you'll see right here that I have my logo there.…When we first set up our homepage,…when we first set up our account,…that will be just some generic icon…and then we can put our own in there and personalize it.…And our account settings and things…are right underneath this,…so that if I click on this then I get the basic stuff.…
My mail, the settings, help,…and of course if I wanna sign out I can do so there also.…Now if I wanna upload pictures in this interface,…in the browser interface,…that's what this little guy is right here.…And that is the uploader.…And there are many ways to add pictures…to your Flickr account.…This is the basic way,…we're gonna look at all sorts…of fun ways to do that however.…And then we can search,…we can search for images not only in our own photostream,…which is our own personal library,…but also we can search across Flickr itself.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.