Flickr has a strong social and community aspect to it. You can connect with other photographers on many different levels. The platform is also designed so that work can also be made available to the community at large. Among these opportunities, you can share albums that you've created. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] One of the nice things…about albums is you have a bunch…of pictures already packaged up…and that makes them easy to share.…And it's very easy, right here in the albums view.…All you have to do is mouse over the album,…and see the share icon right there?…Just click on that.…You can share a link email, you can embed,…create that html code,…you can share an album on the socials.…We're going to talk more about socials…in upcoming movies, so right now…all you really have to do is put the screen name,…include a message, and that album…will be shared with that person.…
Nice little collection of images,…all wrapped up for you and off they go.…Now, before we leave albums, I just want…to show you a couple other things.…This is kinda fun.…Make a book from this album.…Isn't that neat?…(laughs)…So, you could use the album as your storyboard,…you know, organize your book and everything,…and then just make a book from it, boom.…Right here.…Let's go back to albums.…You can download this, and it zips it up for you.…
Nice little zipped archive.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.