Flickr has a strong social and community aspect to it. You can connect with other photographers on many different levels. The platform is also designed so that work can also be made available to the community at large. Among these opportunities, you can even invite non-members to join the community. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] So let's say that you're really enjoying…your Flickr experience…and you want to share this experience…with another photographer that you know…but he hasn't joined Flickr yet.…How do you get that going?…How do you make that connection?…I'm going to show you how to do that in this movie.…So go up to You…and go to People right there.…Now you can see right here we have people we follow.…So we're following The Digital Story…and we're following Jim Heid.…
So those images show up here…just like they will also show up in our activity feed.…See that? Both places, okay.…We've made those connections.…Let's go back to People.…Now up here you'll see this link right here…it says Send Invites.…That's what we're going to do right now.…And we can invite many people at once…or we can just invite one person.…All you have to do is put in their email address,…their name, check the appropriate box here…or no boxes at all, you don't have to check any box.…
Here's what the message will look like going out.…So here's the Subject, From,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.