You have a lot of control over the images you place in your Flickr account. You may have included shots directly from your camera that you want to do something at a later time. For example, you can identify a person who is in the picture. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] If you have a friend in Flickr,…and you want to identify that person in a photo,…I'll show you where to do that.…Again, it's the magical Edit menu.…(laughs)…A lot of good stuff in there, isn't there?…So we're in the camera roll,…I went ahead and selected this picture of Crystal,…and I'll go down here to edit.…And then you add the people.…Now the interesting thing about this is that…it will try to auto-fill as you type.…Watch what happens here.…See, as I was typing, it first showed me all the Crystals…that it could find initially.…
All the Crystal Lees.…And then we got to Crystal Lee McMullen,…and there were no members found.…She's not on Flickr.…So it really wouldn't do any good to identify her here.…However, if she was on Flickr,…then the main task I would have…is making sure that I got the right Crystal Lee.…You have to be careful about that,…and it really helps if you know the person's avatar.…If you know their avatar,…we'll go back here a little bit so we get something,…then when you're typing,…then you go, "Oh, okay. That is my friend there."…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.